NEW BREMEN, Ohio (February 25, 2016) – Crown Equipment Corporation, one of the world’s largest material handling companies, today introduced the Crown FC 5200 Series counterbalanced forklift to give operators the strength, stability and maneuverability they need to lift heavy loads in tight aisles and on crowded docks.
The Crown FC 5200, which can support load capacities ranging from 4,000 to 6,500 pounds, is built with a strong, durable frame and power train to handle the most demanding loads. Crown’s Intrinsic Stability System® uses integrated sensors and controllers to constantly monitor and control key forklift functions and movements to enhance stability and safety and give the operator an added level of confidence. The forklift’s dual drive motors and steering axle geometry allow for a smaller turn radius so operators can handle heavy loads in tight spaces without disturbing surrounding pallets and or adding extra wear on the tires.
”The Crown FC 5200 is designed to reliably tackle some of the most demanding material handling and manufacturing tasks and environments. It is also ideal for forklift attachments, making it even more versatile in handling a variety of loads,” said Tony Young, marketing product manager, Crown Equipment. “The forklift’s maneuverability makes it a good solution for dock work, stacking in racks and feeding assembly lines while maintaining a level of operator comfort and confidence that helps keep warehouses and manufacturing facilities running efficiently.”
The Crown FC 5200 helps operators get more done in less time, using faster acceleration, travel and lift speeds to move up to 10 percent more loads per shift. The tighter turning radius of the forklift enables the truck to be used in the same space as a conventional four-wheel forklift, while also allowing room for a larger battery that provides 15 percent more runtime per battery charge. When the performance of the forklift is set to optimize efficiency, an additional 25 percent of runtime can be realized, resulting in a combined 40 percent more runtime per battery charge. The forklift’s eGEN® Braking further reduces the cost of ownership by eliminating traditional friction brakes and reducing the need for maintenance.
The Crown FC 5200 positions the operator for productivity with ideal ergonomics, all-around visibility and ample workspace. Enhanced visibility results from the cab-forward design, low-profile cowl, narrow steering column and unobstructed view through the mast.
About Crown Equipment Corporation
Crown is one of the world’s largest material handling companies with a reputation for award-winning product design, advanced engineering and technology, and superior after-sale service. Crown’s business philosophy utilizes vertically integrated processes to design, manufacture and distribute forward-thinking, innovative solutions that improve customers’ productivity and operating efficiency. Crown produces a broad range of forklifts as well as automation and fleet management technologies.
The company’s global headquarters is located in New Bremen, Ohio, USA, with regional headquarters in Australia, China, Germany and Singapore. Its employees number more than 12,000 worldwide. Crown operates a service and distribution network that exceeds 500 retail locations in over 80 countries. To learn more about Crown’s ideas for helping customers advance the productivity of their operations, visit crown.com.
Crown Equipment (Singapore) Pte. Ltd.