Find Your Dealer
Search Crown

Crown Equipment Counterbalanced Forklift Earns Product of the Year Honor

NEW BREMEN, Ohio (April 4, 2017) – Crown Equipment Corporation, one of the world’s largest material handling companies, today announced that the company’s Crown FC 5200 Series counterbalanced forklift won a Product of the Year award from Plant Engineering magazine in the Material Handling System category. According to Plant Engineering, the Product of the Year program is the premier award for new products in the manufacturing and non-manufacturing industries. Each year, the magazine’s readers select the outstanding new products that help users do their jobs smarter, safer and more efficiently and productively.

The Crown FC 5200 Series counterbalanced forklift gives operators the strength, stability and maneuverability they need to lift heavy loads in tight aisles and on crowded docks. It can support load capacities ranging from 4,000 to 6,500 pounds and is built with a strong, durable frame and power train to handle the most demanding loads. The forklift’s maneuverability makes it an ideal solution for dock work, stacking in racks and feeding assembly lines, with its smaller turn radius allowing operators to handle heavy loads in tight spaces without disturbing surrounding pallets or adding extra wear on the tires.

Using faster acceleration, travel and lift speeds, the Crown FC 5200 helps operators move up to 10 percent more loads per shift. The tighter turning radius of the forklift enables the truck to be used in the same space as a conventional four-wheel forklift, while also allowing room for a larger battery that provides 15 percent more runtime per battery charge. When the performance of the forklift is set to optimize efficiency, an additional 25 percent of runtime can be realized, resulting in a combined 40 percent more runtime per battery charge.

Tony Young, marketing product manager, Crown Equipment, said, “This honor is particular noteworthy because it was voted upon by the readers of the magazine, and these readers are the ones using Crown forklifts throughout their facilities. In each product we manufacture, we strive to provide our customers with the quality and design excellence they expect while delivering a level of performance and confidence that helps keep facilities running efficiently.”

About Crown Equipment Corporation

Crown is one of the world’s largest material handling companies with a reputation for award-winning product design, advanced engineering and technology, and superior after-sale service. Crown’s business philosophy utilizes vertically integrated processes to design, manufacture and distribute forward-thinking, innovative solutions that improve customers’ productivity and operating efficiency. Crown produces a broad range of forklifts as well as automation and fleet management technologies.

The company’s global headquarters is located in New Bremen, Ohio, USA, with regional headquarters in Australia, China, Germany and Singapore. Its employees number more than 13,000 worldwide. Crown operates a service and distribution network that exceeds 500 retail locations in over 80 countries. To learn more about Crown’s ideas for helping customers advance the productivity of their operations, visit crown.com.

 

Connect

Twitter

YouTube Video Library

Warehouse Racking

Media Contacts

Dave Helmstetter
Crown Equipment Corporation
419-629-2220 Extension 2322
dave.helmstetter@crown.com

Aaron Brown
Fahlgren Mortine
614-383-1608
aaron.brown@fahlgren.com
Twitter: @abrownFM


Crown Equipment Counterbalanced Forklift Earns Product of the Year Honor - Crown Material Handling News - Crown Material Handling News

Site Search

© 2002- Crown Equipment Corporation | California Disclosure | Cookie Policy - Legal Notice | InfoLink Data Retention Policy | Privacy Policy | Safe Harbor Policy