NEW BREMEN, Ohio (Dec. 9, 2009) – Crown Equipment Corporation today released Crown InfoLink® 2.5, the newest version of its fleet management system. InfoLink 2.5 allows managers to save time and improve fleet performance by introducing new features that significantly reduce false impact alarms, deliver real-time performance indicators based on user-defined goals, and display critical measurements in graphic form for at-a-glance decision making.
Market Trends and Issues
- Amid a period of time when organizations are looking to do more with less investment in supply chains, it’s more important than ever that they leverage the data available throughout their facilities to achieve productivity improvements.
- End users are looking for ways to use the data to reduce overall costs, centralize billing and receivable programs, as well as understand up-to-the minute service and utilization information.
- There is a wealth of information being generated at the truck level but not leveraged at the management level.
- Current approaches to impact sensing treat every event that triggers the sensor equally, which creates nuisance alarms that can mask or misrepresent actual conditions.
Core News Facts
- Crown Equipment Corporation announced the availability of the Crown InfoLink® 2.5, the newest version of its fleet management system.
- Crown InfoLink is a forklift management system that restricts unauthorized access to equipment, ensures safety checklist compliance, and detects and records impacts while delivering a wealth of fleet operating data through the management interface.
- A new interactive interface helps busy managers quickly identify and prioritize issues around compliance, impacts and equipment. Drill-down reports present detailed analysis of areas such as service efficiency, equipment use and operator performance.
- Dashboard views deliver a graphical overview of performance based on the user-defined operating range for each opportunity.
- Color-coded opportunity indicators provide an easy-to-monitor view of whether conditions in each area are meeting established goals (green), require attention (yellow), or need immediate action (red).
- Crown InfoLink 2.5 marks the introduction of Crown Impulse Technology, an intelligent impact sensing system that combines data from the impact sensor and the truck to provide more accurate and meaningful impact alarms.
- With Crown Impulse Technology, only those impacts that meet user-defined criteria, based on truck operating data, trigger alarms.
- Crown InfoLink is part of the Crown Insite™ Productivity Suite. The Insite Productivity Suite is a family of information management solutions that, in addition to InfoLink, includes Crown FleetStats®, which tracks and analyzes fleet service data; Crown Access 1 2 3®, which collects truck operating data and supports InfoLink; and Crown SureSpec, a forklift specification tool.
Quotes Attributable to Maria Schwieterman, product manager, Crown Insite Productivity Suite
- Crown InfoLink 2.5 enables our customers to organize, prioritize and manage the wealth of information being generated at the truck level to improve the productivity and efficiency of their fleet – and their entire operation via an enhanced dashboard interface.
- Crown InfoLink 2.5 takes a significant step forward by enabling our customers to establish benchmarks around key areas and manage their performance against those benchmarks.
- Working with our customers, we’ve discovered that as many as 70 percent of impact alarms are considered nuisance alarms. That frustrates managers and reduces their ability to use impact sensing to improve safety and reduce costs. Crown Impulse Technology makes sure they only receive alarms for events they define as impacts, while the InfoLink interface provides an easy-to-monitor visual cue for when impacts require management attention.